Monday, November 21, 2016

Speaking of Turkeys

For Val's archive, the theme is turkeys. I was reminded by my little calendar quit hanging above my sewing machine.



I made these in the 90s. I loved them enough to faithfully switch them every month for years as they hung in the kitchen. Twice since then, They have been in the donate pile, as an extra nuisance, that I didn't need. But I just couldn't part with them. Now, they hang above my sewing machine, and I faithfully change them every month except December. Somehow, that month goes by too quickly for me to notice.




oops and December is missing in the pictures too. sigh...

My husband loves to needle felt. And since he has been off work for his thumb surgery, He has been making some awesome pincushions. I have them for sale in my etsy shop. His wool spheres make the best pincushions.










 I am linking to:
Fabric Tuesday
Fiber Tuesday
Free Motion by the River
Val's aarchives

5 comments:

  1. That last pincushion makes me think of the alien plant from Little Shop of Horrors. Feed me, Seymore! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've inspired me to work on my own calendar quilts, of which I only have one month done, and that maybe three years ago. They're adorable. And if you are faithfully changing them (except Dec.) it is meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might put a calendar quilt on my bucket list for 2017. Thanks for the idea. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete