Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Christmas open house

WE had a happy busy weekend. We visited two Christmas Open houses and had a birthday dinner with four of our Grandchildren.

The first open house was at Indiana University Kokomo in the form of a craft show.





With a Santa sighting.




I bought a cute American girl doll dress, shoes, poncho, and hand knit hat for my Granddaughter's birthday. I also freshened my stash of dish scrubbies and Holiday potpourri. Oh and my favorite find was a Christmas tree in a golf bag, with tees and golf balls as ornaments for my newly graduated (from college) son. He is a golf nut and on his own now.
Then we were off to the second open house at Front Porch Primitives antique mall.
I loved the decorations and the music and the food.
I especially enjoyed the Hot Chocolate bar and all the homemade cookies.















Wish I had a place for this cabinet. But, alas, my home is cabineted to the max. Still old cupboards call out to me. The idea that someone made a practical, everyday home using these one of a kind, often homemade wood pieces amazes me. We live in a throw away world anymore, because we can. These Homemakers kept their furniture forever.
I caught sight of Santa again. I bought a vintage quilt top and a set of vintage quilt blocks. Aren't they wonderful? Someone carefully embroidered these and I think they will be lovely with Christmas sashings and borders, everything old is new again. I'm just sure I am the one to save these.



I am linking to Tuesday archives this week and the theme is lonestar. I haven't blogged about it, so I dug this out of the UFO pile. I took this class a few years ago. It is an Eleanor Burns Radiant star and it was simple to cut out and piece, but the assembling was a bit tricky. Now, that I remember it again, I might actually finish it.








I am linking to:
Fabric Tuesday
Free Motion by the River
Fiber Tuesday
Tuesday archives





1 comment:

  1. What fabulous pictures of craft shows! And the grand finale - your beautiful quilt! Love it! Thank you for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete