Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Blogger Trunk Show

Whims and Fancies blog is hosting a trunk show in November


Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And Fancies

I think my first share is my gypsy wife Quilt, a Jen Kingwell pattern. It is a favorite because I have great memories of working on it with a group of quilting friends. We met each Friday afternoon at the local library. The instructions were really confusing, and we all thought we would go nuts, but we didn't, and there was a great feeling of accomplishment.



But I really love this quilt made from nothing but scraps. I dated it when the top was finished, but I didn't quilt it until 2016. I love making crumb blocks. Everything I have sewn with or was given in the last few years is in this quilt somewhere. Standing alone the blocks are a bit ugly, but I love the quilt altogether. I wanted to try free piecing letters, so I added "out of scraps" to the top and my initials and date to the bottom. This quilt makes me smile.






 Online Quilt Trunk Show | Whims And 
Fancies


I am linking to:
Midweek Makers
Bee Social
WOW
Jo's Country Junction

14 comments:

  1. Your quilts are so pretty and colourful. Wonderful sight on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Gypsy Wife quilt! It's been on my to-do list for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both those quilts, especially Out of Scraps! Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE your gipsy wife. It must have been fun all quilting along together. Your scrap quilt looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ditto!!! I just love your bright scrappy color combination used!

      Delete
  5. I love the Gypsy Wife so much! Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your quilts are all beautiful!! Thanks for sharing them with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are both beautiful quilts, I can believe the Gypsy Wife is a pattern.....wow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both quilts are awesome! I also like your projects on your sidebar.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your scrap quilt is absolutely marvelous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just love scrap quilts! You have done them proud!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Both scrappy quilts are beautiful - well done.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love scrap quilts too! Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete