Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Feeling Sheepish

I have a completed sheep pillow - Yay! This was a class I took at a hooking retreat in September. The back ground linen was dyed so that we could just hook the design and not feel the need to hook the background. I think the sheep is regal. The flower was proddied, and the stem was crocheted. The center of the sunflower was sculpted.

I used a piece of wool that was not good for the hooking on the back.
I used a yarn of roving as an edging around the pillow after it was sewn together. I just whipped it on with a thicker thread.

 This is exactly where I was last week on Cathedral Stars. 
Not much progress since Clue 1 of En Provence was released. I have 190 of 221 4 patches done, but I was hoping to do another color way, now I don't know. sigh....

Again, if anyone would like these charm squares I would be glad to send them to you. They would be a good start for a donation quilt.
 

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social
Midweek Makers     woohoo

 

4 comments:

  1. Those charm squares are adorable. I would love to use them in a baby quilt for a gift. My friend just had her first baby and she loves peanuts. I would be happy to pay postage for them. Your sheep pillow is adorable. You did a wonderful job! Lisa
    traditionalquilter@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sheep! Your pillow is very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sheep pillow is cute! Sounds like you are making progress on your mystery quilt. Keep on plugging :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable pillow! And don't feel bad regarding no progress on Cathedral Stars - it was a holiday! Thanks for sharing the sheep on Midweek Makers

    ReplyDelete