Friday, November 18, 2016

Rug Binding

I have this on the frame to quilt. I hardly remember making it.  I am not really a fan of extensive quilting. I am old school and think the piecing is the part that should take center stage. Still, this a small wall hanging, so I might experiment with rulers. But, it is on the frame...
I have most of the 144 right slant flip and sew rectangles sewn for midnight flight by Bonnie Hunter
I love tinkerbell peeking at me. It is found in this book.
I worked on the binding of my rug. I decided to use a 2 1/2 in strip of wool and machine stitch it as close to my hooking as possible. I, then, needed to hook one more row around to meet it.
After I turned it back, I hand basted a cable cord as close to the wool strip as I could.

I pulled the wool strip to the back, over the cable, and hand stitched it to the back.
I sewed each of the miters closed.
Now I need to steam it and clean it with a lint brush. It will take several passes to get all the stubborn strings, and reveal the places I didn't cut close enough. I love this rug. Hopefully, I will show it finished soon.
I am linking to:
TGIFF
Finished or Not Friday
WHoop WHoop
Crazy Mom Finish Fridays
Fort Worth Fabric Studio

No comments:

Post a Comment