Monday, October 2, 2023

fair and square to the finish

 I have decided that my October one monthly goal will be fair and square, a bonnie hunter pattern. It was part of the 5 quilt projects, but, was relegated to the closet, when, I had a few customer quilts that I needed to do. I need to find a back, wait for the longarm to be empty, quilt, and bind it. I look forward to seeing this one finished.

I had this quilt on the maybe someday list until 2017, when I decided to really make it. I started the string piecing off and on until I finished the blocks in 2019.  Next, I spent some time making little 4 patches


The quilt became part of the 5 quilts project in 2022

I am linking:


11 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. It will be amazing when it's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! Good luck with your one mothly goal. Fair and Square is lovely and very worthy of your attention this month. It will be nice to get another finish in the books, won't it? {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of sewing! Congrats on the topper finished. I really like how your black ties it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Good luck with your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is gorgeous. Happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eek, I just tried to access your blog from my favorites and a Go Daddy Domain site came up multiple times. Found you (thankfully!) through Sunday’s Quilting is more fun…just thought you’d want to know. I was afraid.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The dark (black?) sashes really punch this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, you make wonderful Bonnie Hunter quilts. Backings can be a problem for me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just a lovely scrappy top! Great goal for October. Can't wait to see the finish. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/04/wednesday-wait-loss-348

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a great top, Maggie! Thanks for sharing on Monday Musings.

    ReplyDelete