Monday, April 25, 2022

5 quilts April 25, 2022

 My 5 quilts progress report. My last report April 13th

1. Rainbow scrap challenge - pink - I started a new block this month called zipper? I am thinking 12 of each color/month


2. rhododendren mystery - hunter -   I am making setting triangles with the hourglasses. I have set B finished


and the cornerstones


3. Boho heart - I made 2 blocks in group 1 in orange.


4. DSP9-  I had a box of 9 patches that I had set aside to make disappearing 9 patches. I finished the two sides that were not finished with the arrangement of the dsp blocks. And I added a border. It is now ready for the to be quilted "vault"

5. wonderland holiday runner I used a random number generator for this older UFO - I pieced a back and prepared binding. It is ready for quilting and then I can add the prairie points at each end. sent to the "vault"

6. maple leaves - I am still adding sashing to each block


7. fair and square - I need to finish each block and trim the string blocks. I started sewing 2 triangles together and noticed they need trimming. They won't fit at this size. It helps to look at the pattern.



MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. I am not getting ahead on this. I now have 44 in my pile. As I am finishing old UFOs, the number is growing.


1. bricks in the barnyard -found - back- binding - on the frame - quilted - binding - finished - hooray

customer quilt time pause

2. tiger, tiger

customer quilt time pause

3. EPP green

customer quilt time pause

4. lotus flower? my notes say it is in the upstairs 

5.    blue ridge beauty

6. scrappy twirl

I am linking:




6 comments:

  1. OMG you have so many projects on the front burner…. Good thing you have the quilt vault. You made a lot of forward movement on your projects. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many wonderful projects going! It's always good to stop and see your progress. Love your boho heart and all the parts that make it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a lot of projects. They are all so different and fun. It sounds like you have good notes. I probably should add location to my notes!
    Looking forward to seeing more.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to pay attention when it came to the Rhody Trail setting triangles and corners. It worked much better when I followed the instructions. Do you alternate customer quilts with your own, or have you devised another system?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such pretty projects going on! That zipper block is really neat. Love your disappearing nine patches.
    Thanks for sharing with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Maggie! You have 44 quilts in your pile to-be-quilted? Wow - you are a quilt top magnificent finisher. The Zipper block looks fun and I'll get you can do a few different layouts with it. I have never yet made a DSP9 quilt and I can't even say why. It has been on my list for ages. I need to break down and actually make one! Have a great and productive week. {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete