Sunday, April 10, 2022

stash report April 10, 2022

I have new fabric from Missourri star. Yes, I hang my head. The one on the right is a 3 yard 108 wide piece. The charm squares were a gift.

5.75 yards

 Stash report  April 10, 2022

fabric added: 5.75 yards 

fabric added year to date: 32 1/2 yards

fabric used: 0 yards 

fabric used year to date: 116 yards 

83 1/2 yards used more than bought. 

I sewed 6 days last week. I have rainbow scrap challenge projects inspiring me.

I started the background for my friendsheep rug.  I thought I needed a couple of clouds and a sky. I have been dyeing the blue sky background, but, I have had 2 misses. The first one had a slight green tint but, I thought I would use it anyway. I hooked a little and it was thinner than I thought, and I didn't like the color. I dyed another batch and it was too light blue, mostly still cream. Third time will be the charm.



We have lost a lot of trees to wind this winter and spring.



I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. I was looking at that backing fabric just the other day. I hope your next dyeing attempt works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many trees down in our area too from the wind. More trees will grow in the new spaces created.
    Love your sheep piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't feel bad about the adds. You've used so much you are going to need to replace some.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful new fabrics! I love these little clouds, and I hope you will find the color you want for the sky.
    Oh boy, that's a lot of broken trees.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your sheep rug is getting some loving! I wonder what your blue will turn out to be?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sometimes you just have to add the basics to the stash so you can use up all those scraps. Congrats on all the stitching time this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am sure the third time will be the charm and you'll get the blue color you're looking for for your rug. So super cute! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete