Friday, April 22, 2022

one monthly goal finish

I have a finish for April's one monthly goal at elm street quilts. Bricks in  the brickyard is quilted and bound. I started it in 2012. Bricks in the barnyard is found in Bonnie Hunter's Book- scraps and shirt tails 2 . I decided to use it as part of my 5 quilts ufo list in September 2021. At that time, the blocks were in 6 horizontal sections. I sewed the rows and added an inner and outer border and it was ready for the quilt vault.

I drew the number for quilting and finishing it this month. And now, tada, it is done. It seems to be lap size or twin. I forgot to remeasure. It has 12 yards of scrap fabric in it.


I free motion quilted swirls and feathers on the longarm. I handstitched the binding. And I used a sheet for the backing.

9 comments:

  1. Bricks is a beautiful quilt! Another finish for you, congratulations! Happy stitching on the next project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie!! I think it just amazing that you've got a complete finish on a quilt that you started in 2012. And, TWELVE yards of scrap fabric used up. That's equally amazing. Nice job. Thanks for linking up for TGIFF! {{Hugs}} ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love scrappy quilts and Bonnie Hunter patterns. Great finish! Thanks for sharing and happy quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous scrappy finish, Maggie!! LOVE this one SEW much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great finish, and such a fun design. Were they all leaders and enders? Isn't it fun when all those assorted scraps come together so well.

    ReplyDelete