Monday, October 16, 2023

spool border

I have been working on a big, spool quilt. The center top is finally finished. I found the 4 patches in the ufo box when I opened it, along with spools and instructions. It was the quiltville leader/ender challenge from 2012. That I am making instead of doing this year's leader/ender. 

I made the individual pieces for the border.


And then, had the opportunity to make the long row border pieces. I am getting closer.



Hopefully, I will have a top by the end of the week

I am linking:



8 comments:

  1. Nice bright border! This quilt is going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love pieced borders. They are worth the extra time. This one is a nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the green polka dot you are using for the background. It's a really fun choice. Good luck, fingers crossed you have a finished quilt top by the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfully scrappy! Thank you for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty border that's going together fast. You'll soon have that Spool quilt done! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/10/18/wednesday-wait-loss-350

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know how to make that border

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great border, Maggie! Looking forward to seeing the flimsy!!

    ReplyDelete