Thursday, February 21, 2019

strings

Here I talked about a puzzle I had with a batch of shirting string blocks that I didn't remember. I had gone through my ufo lists and my wish lists, and I couldn't find any project that I would want these blocks, but I had precut a substantial number of foundation squares, so, I just kept going. I had about 10 squares left when I saw the quilt again that inspired them. It is fair and square - a quiltville pattern. Puzzle solved. They are finished now, trimmed and depapered. It's time to look at what else I will need to do for this pattern.

 I cut the red centers




It is going to take a gazillion 4 patches. I know I have a few extra somewhere. I will still need to make a lot more. It should help clear the 1 1/2 inch strip bin. I might even make these on the treadle.
I am so glad I finally figured that puzzle. It was really bugging me.I have a clear tub clearly marked in case I can't remember again.
I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. If you don't like to put together the top in a diagonal as Bonnie does with this quilt, Jo Kramer does it different. If you're interested in how Jo made the quilt, here is how she did it.
    http://www.joscountryjunction.com/ask-jo-fair-and-square/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's going to be a gorgeous quilt. Glad you figured out the mystery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story! Of course if you find a box of foundations (some with the strings attached and some without), it must be a Bonnie Hunter quilt!!! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is going to be fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete