Friday, February 1, 2019

orca bay finish

I have finished orca bay mystery quilt. This mystery was the 2011 mystery at Quiltville and is now in the book string fling. It is my 12th mystery finish since spring of last year. The next one, I need to tackle is Grand illusion in denise schmidt fabrics. I have the borders and quilting to do.


I did an all over splashy feathery thing.


And the backing is such a kick.


I was really pleased with my piecing work. I still lost a few corners on the border, but there was definitely an improvement.
This was a finish for the 2019 finish along. My list is here.

It's time to look at my 12 goals for the year, and see how I am doing.

I am hoping to meet a few goals for next year.

1. I am declaring 2019 the year of flannel. I have several boxes I need to weed through and decide on either using it or passing it on to someone that will.
I have dug out 2 tubs of flannel and made 6 quilt kits. No sewing yet. Most of it I had forgotten I even had.
2. I want to continue in my challenge to finish all the quiltville mystery quilts.
I have another one - orca bay -total 12
3. I want to participate in the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy
I have 4 quilts I am doing rainbow style and I have all the January color of red done.
4.  I want to participate in a swap with friends
Our swap group completed our January swap on schedule- they are really cute
5.  I want to participate in one monthly goal at Elm street quilts
I finished my January goals
6.  I want to finish 6 ufos for the year
I have one finished and crossed off the list
7.  I want to use more fabric than I buy
At the end of January, I was 37 yards in the hole, but orca bay hasn't been counted
8.  I want to gift 3 quilts
I have gifted 2 quilts to ladies over 80 years old at church.
9.  I want to teach a workshop for my quilt guild
I have a workshop scheduled for March 30th
10.  I want to make a rug
I finished my Cleveland rug and have another planned
11.  I want to clean the dining room and have a holiday dinner - it could be valentine's day or  Christmas - who knows. It is that bad.
no progress
12.  I want to be more consistent in my gratitude journal
I've only added 6 days in January

I am linking to:


10 comments:

  1. I really like your goals. I am working on some as well. So far January is good on some avenues and laxing on others. But we will keep moving forward. Also I really love your Orca Bay. I regret not doing it, because the colors are so striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! I love your splashy feathery quilting. It looks like you're making good progress on your goals for the year already. Thanks for linking with TGIFF this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh one of my favorite!! so glad you finished it - Whoop Whoop

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fantastic finish, congrats! And good luck with your goals for this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finish and I love the backing you choose. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How many more of Bonnie's mystery quilts, after Grand Illusion, are there to be finished? You are doing such a great job completing them. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orca Bay turned out beautifully! Love that backing fabric, it's such fun. Congrats on all the progress with your goals. Pretty good for just one month into the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOohooooo!!!!!! Yay for your Orca Bay finish!!! This has been on my bucket list for years. I also need to quilt my Grand Illusion and my Allietare tops.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Orca Bay quilt is gorgeous! Nice choice on the quilting too!

    ReplyDelete