Thursday, January 31, 2019

string puzzle


Admittedly, it has been awhile since I sat at the treadle to make string blocks. But, when I did, I found a small pile of shirt string blocks that I don't remember. Did I just decide to make them for the parts department or were they intentional. There were paper foundations cut to a specific size and stacked in sets of 10. and there were at least 50. That means they were intentional but for what?  I just don't remember. I have looked through my pinterest boards and my in process lists, and I can't seem to figure it out yet. Until I do, I am still stringing along with them as I can. It may take awhile. This getting old thing is for the birds.


I love my treadle for string piecing. Some were partially done.


Some were untrimmed


some were trimmed and depapered.


I am linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic to already have many blocks! I look forward to seeing how you decide to set them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you are right about getting old, lol! Your shirting string blocks are wonderful, and with no plan, the new possibilities are endless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your blocks. Cant wait to see them in a quilt

    ReplyDelete