Monday, January 28, 2019

One monthly goal success

It's time to report on my one monthly goal at elm street quilts. I really appreciate this motivational goal setting opportunity. I know I have finished more projects than I would have otherwise. I tend to be a procrastinator. And, I must think I will live forever.

At the beginning of the month, I made some goals.

1.I want to make my 30 blocks for January as my One monthly goal. 
2.My Ufo challenge with Patchwork times is orca bay mystery quilt. I need to get it quilted for January.
3.My finish it project is to get the fishy quilt quilted and bound.
4.My flannel project ( 2019 is the year of flannel for me ) is a rag strip quilt. I want to do a baby size.
5.I have decided to work with the scrap crazy template for January. I have a start on some of the blocks.

I met my goal and started on another round of swap blocks for our version of circa 1880 quilt.They are a bit addicting, because they are so cute.


Orca bay is finished I just can't get a decent picture with the bitter cold temperatures. I need to remember to take it with me when I go to the library. This is my 12th finished quiltville mystery.


I put the finishing touches on my fish jar quilt for my soon to be Grandson arriving in March. I had purchased jar blocks several years ago and this is how I designed the finish. This was a finish for the 2019 finish along. My list is here.



I have  dug in the flannel and started to put kits together. I need to prewash all the pieces for a quilt so that I can grab a kit and sew. Slow progress, but, progress.


I am linking to:




boms away 

Oh scrap



11 comments:

  1. The fish quilt is just plain adorable! I really like the words going around all the sides...well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! on completed goals for January. Your TWO finishes are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh! I love that fish quilt! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Maggie! Orca Bay is fabulous. Those colors with the black and white - love, love, LOVE. Your jar quilt for your soon-to-be grandson is so darn cute. I love the lighter blue borders and the little fishies swimming away. I can just see an adorable sweet baby all wrapped in your love. Finally, kudos for making up some kits. I'd say you're inspiring me but I know there's no way in H that I have that ambition today or this week. Maybe in February?! HAHA! ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Orca Bay will be gorgeous! Great job on keeping ahead of it all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the finishes! You have done an amazing job with the Quiltville mystery finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful projects! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your project!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the backing for Orca Bay. Beautiful. Sweet grandbaby quilt too. One Fish, Two Fish has always been a favorite book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are one busy woman. My first visit and I am in awe of all you accomplish. //wat to go!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your Seuss quilt.
    Years ago we went to Charleston SC and ate at a seaside restaurant. They had T-shirts on the wall... one had this quote on it, only red fish and blue fish were pictured not in words. (I asked my hubby too read it. He just didn't get it, and couldn't read it. Guess he is just too old to know. Lol) A fond memory. Thanks for the reminder.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely finishes! On behalf of the FAL crew, thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete