Sunday, January 27, 2019

stash report January 27, 2019

Today would be my Father's 99th birthday. I celebrated by sending all my children a package of lifesaver butter rum candy.  I wish they had known him longer. Dad really liked them, and so did I. I still can see him giving one to me as a little girl with a big smile on his face. He's been gone for 30 years, and I still miss him. My birthday is tomorrow and we always celebrated together. And Mom was great at making a big deal of it.

I have another thrift store find. I found the pieces separately, but, when I took the picture, I thought they went together pretty well.


Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 0 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 0 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 5 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 37 yards
net fabric: 37 yards bought more than used

Now that the Cleveland rug is finished, I need to start a new rug hooking project. I looked at what I had, and I looked online, and I wasn't inspired by anything, yet. The weather and the holidays have kept me from my rug hooking guild for a little while, and I have to have a hooking project to get back into the groove. I miss the ladies. I remembered an abandoned project in a bag somewhere. I was just making circles with jar lids, and using leftover strips of wool to make whatever came to mind as I was hooking. I pulled it out to work on again. Now that it is out, I am a little addicted, so, that will be my handwork today on a wintery day. I will hook something for Dad today.





I sewed more than 15 minutes every day - still working on good fortune

I am linking to:



sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate


15 min to stitch at life in pieces

6 comments:

  1. That's a great way to use up leftover wool. Lucky you at the thrift. The weather has kept me away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully today and tomorrow will yield good memories of your Dad. Enjoy your hooking. Sometimes we just need mindless activity.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I lost my father too young too and miss him all the time. It's sweet to have great memories to hold in your heart and to share with your children. I haven't had a butter rum lifesaver in years, they were always my favorite :)
    Happy Birthday!
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to you. How lovely to have such precious memories of your dear dad. Loving your hooked rug. All those colours and patterns swirl around and around in a merry dance. Such a fabulous way to use up all those leftover yarns.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Belair Beach fabric. My husband is an old car collector and several years ago we found a '58 Belair just like his first car that I bought for him! I would love to find some of that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that cars on the beach fabric, makes me think of a Hawaiian shirt. Congrats on finding time to stitch each day. Work has been a zoo, so my computer time has suffered, sorry to be so late to leave a comment.

    ReplyDelete