Friday, February 22, 2019

bargain basement

I have a finish - bargain basement from the book scraps and shirttails.


It was cold and windy, but most of the snow was gone, so we opted for an outside shot.


I have decided this will be for my Grandson Matthew. It has his Grandpa's shirts in it, and, oddly enough, there was a scrap leftover block from His Dad's eagle quilt over 20 years ago. It's the little gold friendship star lower left side. I guess I don't get rid of anything.


I think the border really adds to the quilt and frames it nicely.

I am linking to:

Whoop Whoop

11 comments:

  1. I love scrappy plaid quilts, and this is a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one great quilt for using up scraps. And look!, we even get a peek at the backing in the last photo. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice quilt. I love the photos with the wind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing quilt! I Love Love Love plaid and this one is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great looking quilt! Perfect border for it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A true memory quilt. What a precious gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a very fun finish!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh! What a cozy finish. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks so good! I'm collecting business shirts too and hope to make a quilt like that one day.

    ReplyDelete