Monday, February 25, 2019

A finish for February

My one monthly goals for February included the finishing of this quilt. It is celtic soltice, a quiltville mystery quilt from 2013. I have had it pretty much ready for quilting since then.



I had thought I would do a celtic quilting on the quilt, but, opted in stead for the big swirls in a cool gray color.

And for a backing I used a bit of the shamrock - don't you know. While making it, the green was very overpowering green, but, with the blue borders it calmed the colors. I like that it makes large circles as a secondary pattern.

See my other mystery finishes here

This was a finish for the 2019 finish along. My list is here.

I finished all 30 blocks that I am doing every month for my swap partners for our version of the circa 1880 quilt.


I had hoped to get the border on the Christmas snowflake quilt. I did, and, I also pieced the backing, and prepared the binding. It's ready for the longarm.


I am linking to:



12 comments:

  1. My Celtic Solstice is still hanging in a closet, waiting for quilting. Congratulations on getting yours done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty quilt. I did that mystery too. I started hers this year and was just not in the right place to continue, so I'm using the pieces in other things.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful finish! Your colors just sing. Love your quilting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt top looks awesome! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job. So nice to get that BH Mystery completed and your Circa 1880 blocks are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your colors in the celtic soltice quilt. Glad you got it quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are working on some great quilts

    ReplyDelete
  8. Celtic Solstice is gorgeous! Looking forward to seeing the Christmas Snowflake quilt all finished. Congrats on all the progress this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on the finish! That is a beautiful quilt... love the close up photo to see the fabrics you used.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of good work here. CONGRATS for your Celtic Solstice finish! It can be so amazing to see how much borders can change the look of a quilt's center. That green is perfect in this. It would get lost if it weren't so strong.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You made amazing progress this month! I absolutely love the colors in your Circa 1880 quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your Celtic Solstice quilt - congrats on the finish!

    ReplyDelete