Saturday, February 2, 2019

birch trees again

The color for the February rainbow scrap challenge is yellow, my favorite color. I didn't have time to gather the yellow scraps, yet, but, I had a chance to work on the birch trees at Friday group. I got this far, and then, some little bitty stubborn thread got stuck in the bobbin case, and I couldn't sew any more. bummer.
I cut some flannel kits until I ran out of flannel that I had brought.
Luckily, I have a great machine repair guy at home, and he was able to take it apart, and get my sweet featherweight up and running again.


Also, this week, I prepared the back and binding for the tokoyo subway quilt. It is all nice and ready for a turn on the longarm. I have a much too long list of quilts that need quilted, so, it may be awhile. But, progress is progress.





I am linking:

15 comments:

  1. Your birch tree blocks are looking great, and I can't wait to see the quilting on your Tokyo Subway quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your birch tree quilts. Love your subway quilt too. Fun fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are correct! I need to keep repeating: Progress is progress! Progress is progress!! heehee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had fun tromping all over your blog. Are you an onion, noticed your string piecing on your treacle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing your Tokyo Subway quilt one day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the birch trees are just wonderful...scrappy goodness blending colors, highlighting colors! Joyful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your subway quilt looks simply amazing! I also like your birch trees.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those birch trees--that is on my list... very pretty hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  9. you're working on 2 of my favorite quilts! i remember when elizabeth (?) don't remember if that's her name or not, did the subway quilt along. i didn't participate, but have admired the quilts that were made.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Progress! LOVE that Tokyo Subway quilt. Can't wait to see it all quilted and bound. Good things come to those who wait. I have a pile for the longarm as well. The birch trees are fun too. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SEW sorry to hear about that pesky thread! Glad that your repairman at home was able to fix it. Getting SOME rows sewn is better than a stack of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always loved the Birch tree blocks and yours are no exception! I'm excited to see how you quilt the Tokyo Subway quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The birch tree blocks are such fun, that's going to be a very colorful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad that your machine is back up and running! Those are some very colorful birch tree blocks!

    ReplyDelete