Tuesday, February 5, 2019

February one monthly goal

For February's one monthly goal, I want to quilt a quiltville mystery quilt called celtic solstice. I have had this quilt pieced since 2014. And, I have had it on my top ten list to finish every year since then. It didn't happen. Last year, I made a commitment to myself to finish all the mystery quilts, and it is time for this one. I thought I had binding ready for it, but, it's not with the quilt. So, either it is lost in a black hole, or I remember wrongly.


I have our version of the circa 1880 quilt block swap to make this month. I need 30 blocks.

I have a border coming for the Christmas snowflake quilt and want to get that on the top for February. I will be teaching it in March for the guild, and it will be good to have it all finished.
And I have at least 4 quilts I am working on for the rainbow scrap challenge.This month the color is yellow.

As part of my template challenge, I have the top all finished using the scrap crazy template. I am calling it tic tac toe.
I used the leftover blocks as the border. I cut them in half and added them to the outside.



I found a backing that I liked and I prepared the binding.



I can stick this quilt in the quilt closet and wait for a time to quilt it.


too cute tuesday

chameleon color linky

Oh scrap
One monthly goal


3 comments:

  1. You'll find the binding for Celtic Solstice as soon as you sew the new one on the quilt, never fails! Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty quilt top. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete