Tuesday, February 19, 2019

templates

I am a tool person and so is my husband, so he would let me buy anything that was a tool. He is a machine repairman, and he knows that the right tool can make a huge difference. I made my first quilt with a homemade cardboard template. We have come a long way since then.

I did a quick check on the template inspired quilts I am piecing. I have taken the double wedding ring out of the box again and I have several of these parts I need to make.


I have been cutting 2 1/2 in tumbler blocks again. They are just cute.


work has stopped on oriental pinwheels


I have all the blocks ready for scrappy twinkle


and I have not decided on fabric choices for drops of jupiter.



I think I am not a template sewer, but just a quick check around my room, and I found all these quilts started or using templates. And I am sure there are more I just didn't see.
benefit - I am not interested in buying anymore templates as long as I am doing this challenge.

I am linking to:
Free Motion by the River

chameleon color linky

Oh scrap

3 comments:

  1. So many exciting projects you have. They are all so great! Happy sewing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love your oriental pinwheel block. I hope work on that one may resume in the not too distant future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have tons of templates too
    Lately i am on a square kick. Go figure

    ReplyDelete