Sunday, February 24, 2019

stash report February 24, 2019

My hubby brought this flower to me yesterday, in the dead of winter. What a welcome surprise. He had brought one of our planters in from the deck and has it wintering over in our basement under a grow light. The marigold has made it so far.


It was time to do something with this stack of fabric from goodwill. I really like the 2 solid pieces on the left. They are grunge fabrics from before there were grunge fabrics. I am guessing the 80s.
I decided I would weigh it to get the yardage, and there was 5 pounds. There are usually 3 yards in a pound.



Stash report

Fabric Used this Week 13 yards - bargain basement
Fabric Used year to Date: 46 yards

Fabric Added this Week: 15 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 71  yards
net fabric: 25 yards bought more than used

Last week, I started creating edges on my long term hexagon quilt. I've made some progress. One night, I was really absorbed in the project, and, then, realized I had added too much. haha. I need to check the whole side and not just one section. Or not watch a really good movie.



I sewed more than 15 minutes every day. 

I am linking to:



sunday stash at quiltpaintcreate


15 min to stitch at life in pieces

7 comments:

  1. I like your long term hexie project! I have one of those, too - it's about the size of a tablerunner right now. I'm ready to be finished with it, but I have to figure out how to bring the edges out to create square corners!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some of those fabrics from Goodwill! I used them in the first quilt I ever made in the late 1990s.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never find fabric at our Goodwill. I am SEW jealous!! You really made out like a bandit. LOVE that paisley on the bottom of the pile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Marigold must be such a welcome sight in the throes of your cold winter. One always must hand stitch whilst watching TV. =) Loving all those fabulous hexies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My Dad over winters a marigold that my Mom planted before she passed in 1989. He takes the flower and reseeds the pot every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Flowers always brighten up my day, hope that one did yours. Congrats on finding time to stitch every day this week. Thank you for linking up with the 15 minutes to stitch this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness you're at the edge... very exciting!
    What interesting movie were you watching?!?! Always looking for something good to watch!

    ReplyDelete