Monday, February 11, 2019

good fortune - flakes

We had a, surprise to me, snowfall after church yesterday. It was beautiful. And, I decided I needed to go out and enjoy it. We drove through Highland park. And even though, it looks like black and white pictures, it is not, and there still was it's own kind of beautiful.


Both my husband and I had so many fun times on this sledding hill and the creek use to freeze and we would ice skate. Now, it is too dangerous they say. And no one was sledding.


I have had the center of good fortune done for a week, and just started adding the borders. The completer border is done, and I have started assembling the triangle border.






See my other mystery finishes here

I am linking to:





7 comments:

  1. How pretty! That's kinda weird that people freak about iceskating on a creek - is it really deep enough to be so dangerous? We have a large pond across the street that kids used to ice skate on a lot. There never was any incident on it (other than bumps and bruises from falling), but the HOA banned all iceskating due to danger a couple years ago. It's sad how much the fear of litigation robs us of terrific activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow isn't much of a Surprise if you follow the weatherman. We got a bit of the white stuff too. More in the Tri-Cities where we needed to go Saturday. You're almost there. Looking good. I have a few of the blocks made in Bonnie's Colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great quilt! Nice blocks and lovely and bright colors. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your good fortune quilt! The green for your triangles, the green on the top of the basket and the top of the picture, I have that same fabric!! It's so cool that we can have tha tin common with never meeting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your colours are so pretty! Mine is still in pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Good Fortune looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors of your fabrics in Good Fortune are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete