Wednesday, July 19, 2023

5 quilts July 19, 2023

 last report june 23, 2023

I try to work on these 5 quilts until they are done. Their turn in the UFO closet is over, and, they need to be finished one way or another. I decided that for 2023, rather than work a little on each one at a time, I would concentrate on just one. I still use the list to plan and look ahead. 

I feel like I have cheated on the 5 quilts, and, dabbled too much with new shiny projects. I played with my hsts drawer for sugar grove, I played with fractured squares with 2 1/2 inch scraps, I am playing with a quilty buddy making strip tease, and, just had to play with 9 patches for 9 patch on point. And I am in a cutting scraps mood.

1. wensleydale a jen kingwell pattern - I have all 60 blocks made and I am slowly making twosies as leader/enders 


2. Block of the month UFO Saturday soire.  This an older UFO from 2013. After, I had it on the frame for quilting, I decided I wasn't happy with some of the points and I would need to redo a few. I took it off and started ripping and sewing. It is on the frame, again, and I have started quilting

3. plaid kaliedescope - I have cut many, many wedges I have sorted for some block combos, but, I am not nearly as close to a cutting finish as I thought I was. I want to find more shirts for a variety.


4. rectangle wrangle quilt.-all the blocks are finished for the center. I need to make ohio stars for the border.

new # 5. girlie garden from the needs quilting list. 

MY  next on the longarm of my own quilts in the 'to be quilted' closet. 

2. taw baby quilt is finished


3. saturday soire on the frame, 

4. girlie garden-  back made,

5. hand me down - back made

new #1 triple irish chain - find

new # 2 Lucille star flimsy -find

new #4 since I moved it to the 5 quilts - fair and square

I  am linking to:

oh scrap

3 comments:

  1. You've got a plan and you're proceeding well! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great group of projects as usual. You amaze me with your organization and ability to finish projects! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/17/wednesday-wait-loss-337

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're making progress! Checkered past looks so nice, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete