Friday, July 21, 2023

saturday soire quilt finish

This older block of the month is finally finished. Saturday soire is an older ufo from 2013. I added it to the 5 quilts list in April 2023. The 12 center blocks were already done, and, I had to make the 3 setting kits, and assemble the top. The setting kits were much more intense than I expected. I have only made two block of the months. This one does not disappoint. The fabrics are beautiful. 

82 x 100 = 23 yards


I used a wide backing and quilted it on the longarm with free motion swirls.


I am linking to:

TGIFF different   

please consider signing up to host the weekly party here 

14 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! A lot of intense piecing, but so worth the time and effort!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is quite pretty - love the color combo you used!! and YAY for another finished UFO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I clicked on the link to your post as this began. What an evolution! It's a beauty, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This quilt is beautiful! I'm sure you smile every time you look at her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Maggie, that's a wonderful quilt. Please consider linking up to Free Motion Mavericks. We'd love to have you join the party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This quilt was definitely worth finishing. It's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful finish! TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on finishing a wonderful UFO.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Total effect is just amazing. Love the fabrics and the beautiful piecing. What a wonderful finish!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So gorgeous! No wonder you fell in love. You did such an awesome job on this too. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/26/wednesday-wait-loss-338

    ReplyDelete
  11. The quilt is gorgeous. I'm unable to find the pattern (only). I did find a quilt kit. Would you be willing to sell your pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your quilt is gorgeous. I was unable to find the pattern (only). I did see a kit but I have a lot of the fabrics. Would you be willing to sell your pattern?

    ReplyDelete