Sunday, July 2, 2023

stash report July 2, 2023

We had a great garage sale at our guild meeting. I sold 20 yards of fabric, and, probably bought more than that. One of our guild members was 97, and, just moved into an assisted living center. She gave us all that was left of her fabric. It is a pleasure to have some of her fabric in my stash. But, she kept her sewing machine and some supplies. you go girl. I bought a 2 gallon bag of fabric that I could fill myself at the sale. I concentrated on whites/creams. 



It weighs 7 pounds and 4 ounces. I paid 20.00 for it. If there are 3 yards in every pound, it would be 21 yards. If there are 4 yards in the pound it would be 28 yards. Either way, I bought more than I sold LOL.  I may measure....

 stash report July 2, 2023

fabric added: 21 yards

fabric added year to date: 107 yards 

fabric used:  32yards   20 yards to guild sale -I finished the trip around the world baby quilt

12 yards


fabric used year to date: 253 1/2 yards

146 1/ 2 yards used more than bought 

I sewed 6 days last week. 

I took a break from rug hooking and worked a little on my hexie quilt. I am finishing one side and I am trying to add the big pieces. I try to alternate hexies and rug hooking, but, it seems I focus on one or the other for long periods.

 1 inch sides


I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. Your hexie quilt is looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good deal on the fabric! I love your hexies ... looking good! I'd like to give rug hooking a try ... and then I think ... one more *different* kind of project??! LOL! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like an amazing yard sale and great haul. Your quilt is gorgeous . Love the quilting . Such pretty fabrics in your hexie project. You have me inspired to pull mine out. Have a lovely day, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like it was a great guild meeting sale, whites and cream are a safe bet ;) Pretty baby quilt, and hexies too.
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Destash, restash -- the cycle of quilting continues. Glad you got some good bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you found a lot of creams for your stash. Love that lady taking supplies to her nursing home at 97! Hope I'm like that when I'm that old. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss. http://www.makingalather.com/2023/07/stash-report-july-2-2023.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did well on the garage sale, about $1/yard is not bad at all. Congrats on all the stitching time last week. You've done well this year on keeping up the stitching time and moving projects along.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Neutrals are always a good choice because they get used all the time.

    ReplyDelete