Monday, July 10, 2023

strip tease progress

strip tease pattern from sentimental stitches is a new project with my quilting buddy. I have bits and pieces for this for awhile. I showed it to Linda and she decided to join me getting this done. We both have the pattern and have started sewing the pieces. She is making hers in blues. I am doing all colors scrappy. I am cutting and making by color. I was sure I would be bored cutting it all or sewing it all, so, I do a few in each color and I am happy. I have done blue, red, green, and, brown. I am at least half way to finishing all the pieces.


all the flying geese squares






I enjoy the motivation of sewing with someone else, and the friendly competition. It looks to be a great stashbuster.  I am thinking it might be a little smaller than I thought, so I might want to make it bigger. We will see.



5 comments:

  1. What a fun scrap-buster! Are there helpful tips in the instructions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This quilt looks like a fun one to make. It should use a lot of scraps too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you go! That’s a flock or should I say flocks of flying geese! I’m anxious to see a block or two!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a fun quilt, Maggie! I love Flying Geese blocks...and four patches! Thanks for sharing with us on Monday Musings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great way to tackle this, by doing a few in one color at a time. You're making such great progress! Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.

    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2023/07/12/wednesday-wait-loss-336

    ReplyDelete