Sunday, November 21, 2021

stash report November 21, 2021

just a few charm packs to add to the stash. I think I feel like I have too much fabric, but, what harm could a cute little charm pack do....

I am counting this as 5 yards

stash report November 21, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 10 yards  I finished on the go quilt

Fabric Used year to Date: 208 yards

Fabric Added this week: 5 yards 
Fabric Added Year to Date: 150 yards

net fabric: 58 yards used more than bought - still on the plus side

 I stitched at least 15 minutes 4 days this week. Now that it gets dark outside, I find it harder to go upstairs in the evening.

I have really struggled to work on this rug hooking project. Once the friendsheep exchange began in my guild, it was even harder. I just wanted to get started on the "new" thing. So, I asked my hubby to finish it, and, he had it done in no time. I, we, ( still negotiating) still have to turn the edges and hand stitch a back to it.


I hand stitched a binding again for my on the go quilt. I miss doing the binding by hand. I just feel like I don't have the time. It just looks so much better. Which one are you? hand binding or machine binding?

 I am linking to:

7 comments:

  1. I'm definitely an advocate for hand binding; it's my favorite part!! Nice that you could turn a project over to your hubbie to finish! My sewing space is outside ... so you can appreciate that I share your sentiment about struggling to get to it when it gets so dark so early these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finishing your rug hooking project! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always loved hand binding, but started doing most of them by machine about 10 years ago. It saves a lot of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hubby did a great job finishing that sheep. I like to hand stitch the binding. I think it looks so much better. I like the beige print fat quarter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those charm packs. I wonder if the Bella Solids could be used with those colorful ones to make a quilt? You do pick some beautiful fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hand bind I tried to do it by machine once but I felt like it was very messy. I love charm packs you really can do a lot with them

    ReplyDelete
  7. Time change does make it harder to get upstairs to sew, it just seems so much later and thus I must be more tired. Still you had good week on the stitchy front. I prefer to stitch my bindings down by hand. It's a long good buy to the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete