Friday, November 26, 2021

checkered past top

 I hope you had a great Thanksgiving. Ours was quiet. I did some fabric shopping on line for black friday. But, I sure don't like the shopping in stores on black Friday.

The border is underwhelming, but, it is a finished top. I used all the leftover strips that I had from the 2 1/2 inch checkerboard. This quilt used almost a whole bag of 2 1/2 inch recycled shirt strips. .checkered past  is a free pattern at quilted twins.


I have a back and binding ready to go and it will wait it's turn on the quilting pile.

5 comments:

  1. I agree with Angela - cheerful, easy to piece, and colourful -- not to mention a great use of scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is so lovely! A great use of shirts. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty quilt. I think that the border is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow it's beautiful! I've saved that pattern. A friend of my daughter lost her Dad recently and said her family would want a quilt from her Dad's shirts. It looks like a great pattern.

    ReplyDelete