Wednesday, November 10, 2021

fish workflow

I am still trying to work out a workflow for the leader ender project from quiltville - go fish. It seems difficult to isolate what part is leader/ender. I guess there are just several stops along the way that can be used that way. If I used sewing the hsts as the leader/ ender, I would never sew enough for a quilt.

First, I cut strips from scraps that are 2 1/2 x 9 1/2. I can get all the hsts for 2 from that piece later. I have cut a few by color with the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy.  Next, I cut hsts for awhile until I become bored with that. Then, I will sew willy nilly hsts. I trim, iron, and have them by the machine. At this point, I will make webbed sets as the leader/ender for other projects. I have a stack of 2 1/2 inch squares for this part. I make sure I do the whole 4 parts for one fish. I sew top row then second row without breaking thread.


I make a stack of these to use as the next stage of leader /enders



Then, I can sew the center seam and I finally have a block - go fish. I need 960 hsts for 320 blocks. I have many more to do. I am hoping to make 80 blocks like this.

I am linking to:

4 comments:

  1. I have yet to cut blocks for the leader/ender fish. . . maybe that will happen next month! I like your plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems like a sensible way to make the fish. I love how scrappy they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Workflow on leaders and enders is always a fun logistical puzzle. Sounds like you have a workable system going on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plan! It never occurred to me that you have to plan out leader/ender projects but it sure makes sense now! Thanks for sharing this on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete