Monday, November 22, 2021

5 quilts November 22, 2021

We have spent the last few days cooking turkey. We decided to smoke one this year. I decided that if the price didn't drop below the price of a chicken, I wasn't going to buy it. We aren't having anyone for thanksgiving, so I would only buy one for the freezer. The price was good so Mr. Turkey is all safely gathered in for the winter. We have already had "leftovers" - sandwhiches - and soon, noodles. yum. I miss family thanksgiving dinners.

My 5 quilts progress report.

1.checkered past -The top is together and I am looking at border options 



2. fish school - this is a year long project for the quiltville leader/ender challenge. I cut some more hsts last week and started putting them together. A few a day will keep the shark away.


3. scrappy mountain majesties -  I have the center rows together and I need to add borders. 



4. boho heart -I am trying to concentrate on the blocks and strips I need for the first section of group 1. My section 1 is almost all pink and red. I am missing 2 blocks that I need to make before the whole section can be pieced. I did get this small section together at friday group


5.full stop quilt that Angela is doing for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy - I made the dreaded question mark blocks.  all I need are the period blocks and I will be caught up with the blocks. I would like to get the top done before the end of the year.




My next on the longarm - I used a random number generator to make the list. I have 42 quilts I need to quilt.

1. wonky courthouse steps - hunter - need to piece a back and prepare the binding - it is on the frame

2. hourglass leader ender challenge - hunter

3, end of the rainbow rsc

4. row rainbow rsc

5. gray baby flannel

I am linking:



7 comments:

  1. Love your checkered past quilt, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got quite an array of projects, Maggie. I especially like the Delectable Mountains. And it sounds as though you've got a delectable turkey taken care of, too. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of fun projects--majestic mountains are looking great! Hubs always smokes ours--not always my pref for when making the leftovers into dishes but it sure makes the day easier for me! (a huge Butterball @ .99/lb--yay!) Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy seeing your 5 quilts posts each week! You're making lots of progress. Happy Thanksgiving - the smoked turkey sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to leftovers here too! And to seeing your 5 quilts progress! Happy Turkey Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your smoked turkey idea, and freezing it for future meals is genius! We smoked a turkey breast last year and it was so good, but this year I just threw it in the oven Thursday morning and we had roast turkey breast. It was a Honeysuckle and it was really good. That carcass will make some good soup!
    What a lovely array of ongoing projects. I like your random generator idea!
    Have a wonderful rest of the week and thanks for linking with To Do Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such progress! This is a great way to organize your year and get quilts done! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete