Friday, November 12, 2021

lightening string quilt finish

I have a fun quilt finish. I saw this quilt awhile ago on Bonnie Hunter's site as she was working on it. At the time she called it crazy town.

I had a basket or two of strings, and it looked fun. I had the blocks ready to go soon enough.  I called it lightening.  I had the top ready, but, didn't finish it to see what Bonnie was going to do with it.



12 yards of fabric

I began in the Spring of 2019 and it is 72 x 80. I used a blue sheet for the backing and a scrappy binding. I did a free form bubble design for the quilting.

When it came up again on her blog, she had changed the name and the layout to shattered. I stuck with what I had. It has finally taken a turn on the longarm. I am glad to have this finished and off the list. 


bonnie picture

I am linking to:

TGIFF

TGIFF different     here  and here

boms away  sunday

12 comments:

  1. And a beautiful finish it is!! I remember seeing this quilt and thought how fun it would be to make. I love string quilts and this makes me wanna work on another. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how this looks! What a fun string quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy!!! LOVE it - it has so much motion and color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely go to Bonnie's blog so missed this fun string quilt. Congrats on the finish and I'll have to remember free form bubble quilting and give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Lightning string quilt looks so fabulous! It definitely sizzles with electricity. I love it. Thanks for linking up with me for TGIFF this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a box of string blocks intended for stars but this looks fun too! I may have to change directions... again!
    Stay safe and sew on !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, great Lightening!!! So you just randomly placed yours? And it looks like you mainly used black center strips, but not always. I have a big basket full of leftover strips I need to get to work on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt may not be EXACTLY like Bonnie's, but it doesn't NEED to be! It's a great use of your scrappy strings, Maggie. I think it's AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on another great finish! I just love those scrappy strings!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice Maggie! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete