Sunday, October 17, 2021

stash report October 17, 2021

I added a few pretties to the stash. I spend too much time on the computer buying fabric.

editya sitar jelly roll

 stash report October 17, 2021

Fabric Used this week: 0 yards    

Fabric Used year to Date: 150 yards

Fabric Added this week: 6  yards 
Fabric Added Year to Date: 132 yards

net fabric: 17 yards used more than bought 

 I stitched at least 15 minutes every day this week. 

I have some spinning I want to do today for slow Sunday stitching. I did get last week's yarn "set" and drying this week by soaking it in warm soapy water. And rinsing in two more soaks of plain water. It's important to not agitate or twist but press the water out of the yarn. Then I rolled it in a towel and hung it on a hanger with another hanger at the bottom for weight.

handspun wool

 This yarn is one of our sheep to shawl wool yarns. We bought a dirty wool fleece and washed it several times. Combed it, carded it, and spun it. It is more of a white cream than the picture shows. There should be enough in a fleece to make a sweater, but, that is still a long way out for me. Any way, I plan on working on it a little at a time to make progress since there has been so much work invested so far. I think we bought the fleece in 2015. 

I am linking to:

6 comments:

  1. I love seeing what you're up to with spinning. I have everything I need to learn to spin (fleece, wheel, etc.) except someone to teach me! I've tried YouTube videos, no joy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty rolls!!! I'm interested in seeing your handspun shawl from your fleece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Editya's fabrics are so pretty...love the soft look of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabrics from Editya Sitar are always so beautiful, who can resist? Wow, this yarn is precious, are you making a sweater or something else with it?
    Thank you for sharing, and linking up today!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dying process seems time consuming. I do like the fabric that you bought.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabric is fun, so it's hard not to buy more. The yarn is very pretty, it will make a great sweater.

    ReplyDelete