Saturday, October 16, 2021

still orange

 Somehow this week, I sewed a few orange color blocks for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. I have strip sets to sew a couple more blocks. I am just a little behind.

I am thinking about rsc 2022. My plan for 2021 was to work on ufos in the color of the month for the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy. It worked great the first part of the year, but, then, I became bogged down. However, it was a great catalyst to dig out ufos and make decisions to move them forward. But, I really want to keep the the rsc rainbowy ( I'm sure that is a word) next year.

I want to do a stringy project and I thought of razzle dazzle from bonnie hunter. How about you? has fall started you thinking about 2022?


I am linking to:

My rainbow projects for 2021 with links:

tiny houses

postage stamp psp20/21

ice cream

waffle stamp blocks

color blocks quilt along

crumb stars

purple Ufos

zuckerwatte finished

red ufos

aunt Eliza star - finish

blue ufos

floating stars and here and here - finished

green ufos

Christmas sparkle and here

epp stars

yellow ufos

yellow boxy star and here and here and here - finished

florabunda

pink ufos

love pillowcases - finished

2 pink flannel baby quilts and here finished

8 comments:

  1. I've thought about 2022 RSC. I'm not going to have as many projects as this year though. Carolina Chain is a good choice since I want to reduce the 20" strip box. Possibly Chinese coins also. I have an UFQ I pieced several years ago using RSC. I want to make the quilt larger so I'll be piecing stars each month. 3 projects sounds like plenty for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are pretty oranges, Maggie! It's still fun to sew with orange in October. You've done a great job with finishing this year. I definitely start thinking about new projects when we get to this time of year - there are so many good ideas out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thinking about RSC22. I can’t decide! Hearts, like Ivani. Stars, like you are making. String blocks or Fish School blocks! Decisions, decisions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty oranges. I say I will scale back each year but then manage to get 3-4 different projects each year. Still thinking on what I will do next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Love the orange fabrics...I'm thinking about making a string quilt for RSC 2122. Or a tree quilt...not sure yet. Have to think think about that one. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's certainly very easy to get bogged down with RSC projects as we add another one here and there! I've still got a couple fron 2020 which still need finishing. And.......I'm already thinking if what to do next year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to do another TABLE SCRAPS Challenge in conjunction with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge next year. Working on firming up plans for that. I'll be looking forward to seeing your rainbowy work in 2022, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete