Friday, October 22, 2021

rainbow quilt finish

 I took 2 years of sewing with the rainbow scrap challenge at so scrappy to make the pieces for this single  Irish chain by melissa correy. I made the 4 patches in 2019, and the sashings in 2020 according to the color of the month. The top was a top in  November 2020. It was an easy, unstressful pattern, and then, it was a great quilt.




I used a light gray sheet for the back, and natural white thread. I made a scrappy binding and attached it by machine. I used a paisley pantograph for the quilting. It's 84 x 84 and used 22 yards of fabric.

16 comments:

  1. Your quilt is so lovely! Simple quilts have such a quiet elegance to them, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great finish, Maggie!! I love the Irish Chain pattern, and really love the scrappy binding with this quilt. Great job! Thanks for linking up with TGIFF today! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your pretty RSC quilt finish, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beauty. Congratulations on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, great pattern for the RSC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's so pretty, Maggie! I love Irish Chain quilts - they're perfect for scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a beautiful finish, Maggie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a beauty, and a great finish. I love the Irish Chain pattern, and the quilting looks great. Happy finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great finish. How clever to plan it over two years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how this turned out! It is so colorful and happy. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is one gorgeous quilt! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete