Wednesday, October 13, 2021

checkered past

 checkered past is a free pattern from quilted twins. I really like her blog and her free patterns. The patterns look intricate but are really quick and easy compared to others. I have many recycled shirt parts in my stash and I like to have at least one in progress. I started putting 4 patches together at an open sew. I used 2 1/2 inch strips from the yokes.


The next step was to add the checkerboard pieces to frame the squares. I worked on these as a portable project, but, now, we are working on boho heart as a group, so, I was anxious to move it along. There are only 16 blocks which doesn't sound like very many, but there 48 squares around each center. that's 960 squares. The block is 16 1/2.


Now, it's time for sashings.

I am linking to:

8 comments:

  1. I love these blocks, so interesting! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looking forward to seeing this as a whole quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't seen this pattern before. This is a great design for the shirt parts. I need to pull out my plaids and get something going with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shirting quilts are some of my favorites, Maggie. You are right about Quilted Twins! They've got some really wonderful tutorials on there website.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This pattern is intriguing! Looks like it would bust a lot of 2.5 in. scraps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another great pattern for using shirt scraps! Lovely. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been cutting up shirts looking for a pattern. This is great, especially for the little pieces like the yokes! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete