Saturday, August 15, 2020

Purple stars

Last week, I stopped getting comments in my email...again. It took me three days to figure it out and change my settings again. I was using the new blogger. Was anyone else having that problem?

I have collected little bits of triangles, mostly, for the shoofly leader/ ender from last year. The size I am making uses 1 1/2 inch hsts. I am getting very close to finishing all the blocks I have kitted for that quilt, so, I can, with great abandon, use these little bits in a few of my rainbow projects.... or get rid of them.


One of my rainbow projects this year, is my wonky stars. The little bits are perfect for them. I won't have enough blocks by the end of the year for a very big quilt, but, I don't think I want to do them again next year.


They are very cute ...
I searched through my ufo projects for a quick finish that might have purple in them. I found two, that I hope to sneak in and finish. This is an older ufo, pumpkin patch, that I have all the blocks made. I spread it out on the design bed. I can get the top finished in August, but, I have a longer list of customer quilts, so, that, I might not get it quilted. I'll see.


I hope you are up to some purple scrappiness and are well. I am so glad I have scraps to play with in these interesting times.

My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:

10 comments:

  1. Good idea to use those small triangles in wonky star blocks. What size are the 9 patch squares?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun Pumpkin quilt on the design bed, Maggie!! Here's hoping you will be able to get it together this month. Quilted or not! Regarding your Wonky Stars, good luck figuring out what you want to do with them. My collection is still awaiting a brilliant idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your purple wonky stars are pretty and fun. You really are moving along with the finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I noticed on August 1 I no longer got comments. It took me awhile to get it changed back. I read somewhere that this happened to another person and they had to go back to the legacy format to change it so that is what I did and it worked! Your purple stars are cute! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blogger had a tip for that - here's the link. https://www.justletmequilt.com/2020/08/getting-comments-from-your-blogger-to.html. I tried it and I don't think anything changed for me, but I only have a few commenters who don't come in to my email - most do. I love your wonky stars! I've made 3 of them recently, and I like your star points much better than mine. Any tips? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHH the wonky stars are so pretty! You made me want to get out my quilt top and get quilting on it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those wonky stars make me smile! Thanks for the happiness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving the wonky stars in purple. What a great pile of triangle bits... they would make some great hst's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like those little Wonky Stars but they are a bit tedious (or boring?) to make. I've made them off and on for a few years and only still have a little pile of them. I guess I need to make a plan as to what to do with them...border something, maybe? But I usually don't add borders to quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Wonky Stars are certainly adorable but all good things must come to an end. Thankfully the bad things do too!

    ReplyDelete