Tuesday, August 25, 2020

to do: cut purple

We have had great weather and have enjoyed outdoors, and, even found a monarch on our flower tubs. We have planted milkweed in our yard, but, it hasn't bloomed. What a surprise to see our own monarch butterfly.


I have spent the month cleaning and sorting my purple scraps as part of the rainbow scrap challenge this month.  I had an entire wire basket of scraps in that color. Apparently, it had been a long time since I sorted through and organized it. I certainly didn't think I had that many scraps.
I don't like the ironing part, but I do like the cutting part.


And this is all I have left in the basket. The rest, I decided to cut into useable sizes, guaranteeing that I won't have enough of the fabric I need for a project, should I find one. Good news - I found solid colors that were large enough to make strips for psp blocks.


I usually only cut strips in 1 1/2, 2, 2 1/2, 3 1/2 inches. This time, I decided to cut charm squares and layer cakes. I have never used a layer cake, although, I own them. I am hoping, I will use them if they are not the fancy, sacred kind.


I am guessing there are at least 50 layer cakes squares and charm squares.

I am linking to:
oh scrap

4 comments:

  1. You have lots of pretty, and useful, purple pieces now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, sometimes those special cuts (that we pay more for the privilege) get treated like nothing is good enough for them! I had to laugh at your top purple picture -- I have (or had?) the same left side floral fabric. Enjoy the rest of purple month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie! What a fabulous way to tame those scraps. Usable sizes - now that is a smart move. Your purple basket looks pretty darn empty. Thanks for linking up this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an achievement to get those scraps all tamed! I really hate the cutting part, so my scraps are really messy at the moment. Maybe one day I'll have your discipline and have beautiful bins of usable scraps. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete