Friday, August 14, 2020

jamestown landing finish

I have a finish for my one monthly goal and PHD 2020.

jamestown landing is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book string fling. It finished at 85 x 96 and used about 25 yards of scraps. I used a free motion swirl pattern on my longarm. I used my sewing machine to attach the binding.


I started this quilt in March 2013 in a class with Bonnie Hunter at the heritage quilt show in Bloomington Indiana. I put it on the top 2020 list of quilts I wanted to finish. And, I made it my goal for July to piece the top. And, my goal for August to finish it. My top 2020 list are those quilts that I would hate to see unfinished over my lifetime. I have way too many to choose from to add to the list. I am afraid I am a great starter, but, not finisher. This year, I have finished 14 ufos on the list. I chose this one, because, there was a lot of work already in the quilt that I really liked.



my jamestown progress:
blocks
rows
top

I'm linking to:

21 comments:

  1. I love your quilt! I definitely want to make this quilt someday. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish, Maggie! The border fabric you chose is fun and perfect for this quilt. Congratulations! Sandy at sewhigh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful quilt. Great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on marking another UFO off your list and such a beautiful finish, at that, Maggie!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoop Whoop! Nice finish and enjoy this one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous finish. Happy you made progress on your UFO list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a beautiful finish! You've done really well at getting in those finishes this year. That has to feel really good. Even better, there is still a lot of the year left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty! Good for you for hanging in there. I used to be a big starter but since retirement I've tried to finish more than I start. And, hey, I'm actually seeing a BIG reduction in UFOs and a BIG increase in finishes. Hope you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, did I read that correctly -- 7 years in the making? Your Jamestown Landing came out magnificently; what a rewarding UFO finish this must be. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your finish! That is a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on another fabulous finish! I'm inspired by your dedication. I have a few (ahem) UFOs I need to finish so they don't end up at Goodwill after I'm gone.

    ReplyDelete
  12. GREAT progress! You inspire me! I have a Bonnie mystery -- center is done just need to do the border. Maybe I'll put it on a list in the near future! Your border choice looks really good on it. Congrats on the finish

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kudos for finally finally your quilt. It looks great. Thanks for linking up with Thank Goodness It's Finished Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome job!!! That quilt is a big project! I know because I finished mine on 12/31/2019, last one on my list for 2019!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how this looks! Yay for getting it done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous! Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous finish! So many little pieces .... true Bonnie Hunter style. Guess your scrap bins are empty now .... NOT! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your Jamestown Landing is fantastic!!! It's a LOT of work and you deserve a HUGE pat on the back for finishing this one!!! Well done! It's one quilt that is on my bucket list ... but not right now. :-)
    Thank you for linking up to PHD in 2020! :-)

    ReplyDelete