Monday, August 10, 2020

tile blocks

I was intrigued with an antique tile quilt. And, Suzies scraps tutorial on tile blocks made easy. Suzie  blogs here. The quilt block uses charm squares and a 9 patch. I had a charm pack and some 5 inch squares that I thought would blend well together, so, I gave it a try. I switched parts of the blocks of  2 squares. I might like it better if I switch parts with more than 2. It is a big block that needs trimming, so, I think it will make a quick donation quilt.

I have found some cute blocks and tutorials on Suzie's site that I will be trying, just for fun. I want to try the hourglass blocks and the pinwheel blocks.

I am linking:

2 comments:

  1. What a great design concept! (Now I've rediscovered Susie's Scraps blog . . . a rabbit trail I don't have time to scamper down!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a cute block. And thanks for the link... I need to jump over and take a look -- who knows, maybe I need to start another new quilt. HA! No Way. I'll try to be strong... maybe...

    ReplyDelete