Wednesday, August 5, 2020

wedding ring block

Awhile ago, I mentioned that I had a bag of squares that were cut a little off. And, that, I would have to trim, and, cut for something new here. I made sets of the pieces I would need, and, then put them in a drawer. I forgot about them, until, I was checking for something and found them again. I was able to piece one lonely block. I am going to like them.


I couldn't fit another piece of 2 1/2 inch fabric into my temporary drawer. It wouldn't close. It was time to sort the pieces by color and put them, with their friends, in the permanent drawer. I keep the temporary drawer near my cutting table. I throw any 2 1/2 inch strips in as I cut them.



But, guess what? Now, I have permanent drawers I can not close. haha I especially have too many blue 2 1/2 inch strips. Any ideas?

7 comments:

  1. Make Bonnie Hunter's Easy Breezy with 2-1/2" strips, it makes an 8" finished block. I made a couple that size. More will happen someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your block! I have some of those hiding out in my sewing room also. There is a good tutorial at maryquilts.com for a Boxed Squares quilt. Makes a nice leader/ender project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your "one lonely block," Maggie! My suggestion is to make that block some FRIENDS out of your blue strips. Sampler quilt! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hum, there are tons of quilts that use 2 1/2" strips. MaryQuilts.com has several that use that size strip. Have fun using some of those strips. I've been making the Easy Breezy block that is Bonnie Hunter's yearly challenge block using up 2" strips. I'm not sure I've seen much of a dent but I already have around 15 blocks or so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty lonely block 😉 Would be great with blue blocks 👍

    ReplyDelete
  6. This year I've been making Dakota Farmer Stars with my 2.5 scraps. I have had a project going with that size scrap for years but this year I'm going to try to clean out all the scraps I keep by width size.

    Oh, I do like that Wedding Ring too. Will it be an orphan?

    ReplyDelete
  7. A jelly roll race quilt of your own making? It's the fastest way to use up strips!

    ReplyDelete