Tuesday, August 4, 2020

workshop to do

I lead a workshop Saturday for making donation quilts for my quilt guild. I love how everybody has a different vision for what they are making. And, everyone of them is wonderful. 
I like that Cindy's back ground was black and white prints.


Julie was using 30s prints, and, chose lavendar to sash her blocks - nice


Kathy was using a great combo of brown and black and grays. It was elegant


Jean was using scrappy blues.


Sandy was using batiks. They were lovely together.


Jan was using I spy fabrics and solids - very cute.


I showed them how I make my little wonky stars. Everyone tried one, but, I didn't really turn anyone to the dark ( scrappy) side.



I am linking to:

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing all the various color combinations! I love scrappy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie! What fun eye candy you shared today! HAHA - no one came over to the dark/scrappy side, huh?! Too bad because your wonky stars look so cute. I always love to see how 10 quilters can take the same exact pattern and each of the quilts will look so different. With different interpretations, it is amazing. Thanks so much for linking up today. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are really versatile blocks - fun in every color and fabric! I'd enjoy seeing how you make your wonky stars. I made a few recently, and I actually struggle a bit with the star points!

    ReplyDelete