Friday, August 28, 2020

baby quilt finish

I have a baby quilt finish. It came to me nearly finished - only missing one border. I can't remember where I found it. I knew it would make a great donation quilt. Our guild donates to the police department for the the kids that are taken from bad situations. They often have only a brown paper sack to take with them. We also have a healthy family organization to which we donate.


It came with a piece big enough for the back. I must say, I like starting out like this, rather than from scratch. haha.


6 blocks had been embroidered very nicely. I really like the I love you fabric. That belongs in any baby quilt.



I brought this quilt out of storage, so that, I could finish it for PHD 2020, and, I looked for something purple for the rainbow scrap challenge.

I'm linking to:


12 comments:

  1. What a great finish! It will definetly bring a smile to a child!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty quilt! I especially like the embroidered blocks and the quilt will surely be loved.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little quilt! Someone is going to love being wrapped up in this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That quilt is going to bring comfort. I agree, every quilt needs to say "I love you."

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work on combining those two challenges for a fast PURPLE finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a sweet little finish! Someone's going to love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty quilts. I love the backing fabric, perfect for a baby quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is such a sweet quilt. Makes me wonder why the maker never finished it. Glad you brought it to an end and it's going to make someone feel very loved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two goals in one quilt and a perfect finish - hooray. Thanks for linking up to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely quilt! Good luck finishing it for your PHD in 2020!
    Thank you for linking up to PHD in 2020! :-)

    ReplyDelete