Saturday, August 1, 2020

something new

Ack - never in my life, did I think I would make anything with 1 1/2 inch squares. strips maybe, but, not squares - too small and hard to get accurate. But, Cathy started making these adorable blocks, and I watched, and the next thing I know, I made one. And, then, another one was done. Oh no, what happened. I really like the blocks, and I like making them.....very much
I love the quilting community and all the inspiration floating around.


I have very few 1 1/2 inch squares in a cup by my machine. Usually, if I am using 1 1/2 inch strips, and I get it smaller than 3 1/2 inches, I throw it in the string box, instead of cutting it down to a square. So I will probably make more of my blocks from strips sets.


My biggest worry was that I wouldn't have any 1 1/2 inch strips long enough in solid colors. I figured I would need 1 1/2 wof strips. I have solid strips, but, not always 2 of the same color. I may actually have to cut yardage.
The peach solid was the first one I found.


My rainbow projects for 2020 with links:
 Irish chain
Shine
row by row
scraptastic star
country road
and now
postage stamp

I am linking to:

rsc20 super saturday
oh scrap
UFO busting

9 comments:

  1. you will love your little one and half inch blocks - I have made several quilts with them and love them - they might not always be accurate but who can tell in the end!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's interesting how we see a project on another blog and just want to make 1 for ourselves to see what we think. Next thing we know we've made several and have a new quilt started! Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty tiny squares ;) These blocks are beautiful, love the one with black fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those blocks and have been tempted to make some, too. Yours look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, no!!! You've succumbed to the PSP20, Maggie. Cathy (and Gayle tried their best to infect me, too!) Those blocks are going to make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cathy should definitely post warnings on her blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've caught PSP20!! Hooray! They are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very fun blocks. I started some inch blocks last year, but haven't played with them this year. Very cool looking blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too have started some of these blocks. I will sharing my blocks in a few days. Thanks for sharing your blocks with Oh Scrap!

    ReplyDelete