Monday, June 25, 2018

fixing to roll roll

I had so many great suggestions for fixing roll roll cotton boll quilt. Thank you. Here is where I realized I had made all the alternate blocks too small.The easiest fix is the best fix. If I had actually string pieced the blocks, this fix would not have worked. The diagonal lines would have been compromised, but, since I don't like string piecing, and I had had some crumb blocks made already, I had decided earlier, I would try this quilt with crumb piecing. I have to see it visually, so I even made a square from paper, and folded it on the diagonal to see where I was missing the fabric. Then I took 2 inch strips and started adding them to the bottom, leaving the strip long enough to get the diagonal cut.


Putting 2 triangles together was enough to make it big enough.


much better.....

After trimming, it will be ready for assembling the rows.

I am linking to:


Making Monday  link in sidebar
main Crush Monday   link in sidebar



boms away   link in sidebar

Oh Scrap   link in sidebar

8 comments:

  1. Clever fix. Are you ready to put it together now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fix you came up with. So much better than taking blocks apart or making new ones. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting solution! Necessity sure is the mother of invention. May the rest of the quilt go together smoothly for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your ancestors would love your thinking! It's going to look great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where there is a will there is a way - great solution.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever lady! Great job! It will be lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's going to work out perfectly, I'm sure. Great improv!

    ReplyDelete