Friday, June 15, 2018

Christmas lights

I have had a terrible time with my back lately. I haven't wanted to do much of anything. I visited a chiropractor and I think she was a little too rough. I am sure a little time will heal this. I have had scoliosis most of my life, but it has gotten worse.

 I did have a finish. This is my version of Christmas Lights mystery quilt from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville. It was a 3 part series in Quiltmaker magazine January 2009. It is her 5th mystery and my 10th mystery finish. There are 5 more mysteries to go and 2 more that I started in different colors.
The next one in order is roll roll cotton boll. I have it pieced but it needs assembled.


Keeping with the Christmas theme that seems to consume my quilting year, I was gifted a bag of 4 inch Christmas squares. There were 120 of them and I cut background squares from my stash. I am sewing 9 patches with the hopes of making enough to make a disappearing 9 patch quilt.


I am linking to:
Finished or Not Fridays   
Whoop Whoop


5 comments:

  1. Looking good! I hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a spectacular finish....take care of your back...not too much sewing at a time I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a really lovely finish! My first Bonnie quilt was Easy Street, and I just basted another on Saturday. Thanks for linking to TGIFF

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the finish! Christmas lights turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete