Thursday, June 28, 2018

parts and blocks

I have really enjoyed the paper piecing and working on Christmas Snowflake quilt. I find it repetitive enough that I can just set a rhythm and sew away, but interesting enough to hold my interest. And the results are great.


I don't have all the paper piecing done, but I still had to make a few blocks to see how they are coming together. They are so fun.


It's a chance to see all the fun old Christmas fabrics play nicely together and be useful.





Intro/ templates


fabric requirements

cutting red and green fabric

cutting background

piecing the center

wings

Corners

assembly

I am linking (links in the sidebar) to:


needle and thread Thursdays
and
Oh scrap

3 comments:

  1. I love paper piecing! And your blocks are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blocks.... but lots of pieces. Enjoy the piecing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to breath life and beauty into older scraps!

    ReplyDelete