Wednesday, May 31, 2017

diamond strings

I have the center of the diamond strings together. I think I have the the measurements for the ribbon border calculated with the help of my daughter.

we spent some time yesterday at the nursery looking for a Christmas Rose ( perennial)  and sweet potato slips.
Our first stop was Garden Gate in Peru. No luck for either one. Our second stop was at Adler seeds here in town and they had the sweet potatoes. I guess I will have to order the Christmas rose.
Our Grandson wanted to drive the cart. Hmm,,, some of that May race fever in Indiana lol


We met the other Grandma and my Granddaughters at the cemetery for Memorial Day to put flowers for their mommy. It's hard to believe it's been almost 8 years.




I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social



4 comments:

  1. That's pretty neat. I've not thought of doing a string block then cutting it in half like that. Just more sewing for thought for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! I love how you added the solid, mixing up sets of two and three for a more interesting layout. Great job - thank you for sharing this on Midweek Makers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely quilt top! I will try this idea too with some of my (many) scraps!
    Esther

    ReplyDelete
  4. You used up a lot scraps. Congrats on all the progress.

    ReplyDelete