Monday, May 29, 2017

strings and birds


The formal outdoor picture of Happy Birds quilt- a pattern from Jen Kingwell.


I had a chance to string piece on Saturday. I am working on the pink blocks from Zuckerwate. This is a Bonnie Hunter pattern from her book string fling. They are only 5 inches so they are going rather quickly. Two Saturdays, and I might get them done.



The last set of string blocks I made, have been made into 1/2 square triangles and joined together in rows.

My daughter worked on her green strings with me ( via hangouts) and she is adding them to her hourglass quilt.

I am linking to:
Making Monday
Moving it Forward Monday 
main Crush Monday


design wall monday

4 comments:

  1. Happy Memorial Day! Can't wait to see both of these projects - looks like you both are making great progress. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birds turned out beautifully! Hope you have lots of time to work on your string blocks today. Enjoy what's left of the holiday weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your happy birds quilt is beautiful! You are making great progress with your blocks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am curious how you made the string blocks. I read the post where you sewed the strings onto phone pages. And now I see these blocks all finished. I know they didn't magically appear.

    ReplyDelete