Sunday, May 14, 2017

stash report May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day to everyone.






Stash report

Fabric Used this Week:1 yard
Fabric Used year to Date: 178 3/4 yards
Fabric Added this Week:3 yards
Fabric Added Year to Date: 93 1/4 yards



Net Fabric for 2017: 85 1/2 yards more used than added



I have added 3 Moda scrap bags. I used to have an addiction to these. But I haven't found a successful use for them. They vary in widths, and are only a half a strip long. They aren't even half a jelly roll, and I want to keep them together just because. But they must appeal to the cracker jack prize lover in me.  And they are so pretty. so wonderful to pet. I was looking for something else, and that crazy little autobot on Amazon flashed these right before my eyes, dropped them in a magic shipping department and sent them to me. And I feel special that it was so considerate of me, a true friend, knowing me better than I know myself.


Mille Couleurs

Grow
Canyon
I don't know how to count this for my stash report , so I will just say 3 yards for the lot.
 I have a full bobbin of spun yarn. I will make this a 2 ply so I need one more bobbin. It may take a couple of Sundays to get that far.


I am linking to:
Slow Sunday Stitching
sharing Sunday

8 comments:

  1. You could use those scrappy strips to make a quilt using Cynthia's pattern for the Scrap-a-palooza block drive! Enjoy your hand stitching today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty yarn! What are you going to make?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought a couple of those Moda scrap strips and, like you, didn't quite know what to do with them. I finally sewed the strips together in the 12 days of Christmas line with the selvage edge overlapping the next row. I hemmed it on the sides and bottom, made a casing, and hung it on my back door window at Christmas time. Because it's not lined it gives a stained glass effect when the sun shines in the window. And because it's only up for a month I'm not worried about durability or sun damage. I'll just enjoy it for as long as it lasts. The other group of strips is red, white, and blue. Still not quite sure what to use it for.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so pretty and I think you have been given some good suggestions as to what to do with them. Whatever you choose will be sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color of your yarn and those fabric strips sure are pretty I think half the fun is wondering what to do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty fabric! I wonder if they would work for a strip quilt? Pot holders for Christmas with matching dishtowels? Hmmmm.....

    ReplyDelete