Wednesday, May 17, 2017

wonky wishes


Still no decision on the border for wild and goosey. I tried a navy, a lime green and a zig zag pieced border. Still not sure.

At my small quilt group I was able to web the top for Wonky Wishes. It's still hard to get a real picture of what it will look like, but I like it so far. I did 5 rows across and 6 down. I started this in 2012, long before there was a pattern.


These are the mother's day basket flowers from My oldest and family


along with stripey tomatoes with a good start for the garden.

We went from too wet to do anything in the garden or lawn, to dry as the sahara desert over night. We really need to get everything in the soil and watered in earnest. But I love the blue skies, and moderate temps.

I am linking to:
WOW
Midweek Makers
Jo's Country Junction UFO
Bee Social

Silly Mama WIP





9 comments:

  1. love your quilt project...

    nice plants too!!

    thanks so much for linking up!
    brooke@sillymamaquilts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie,
    I'm looking forward to seeing both of those quilt tops done, especially to know what you decide on for the border for wild and goosey. ~smile~
    Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love seeing your Bonnie Hunter quilts progress!

    You are using the same Wild and Goosey setting I did for mine. Call me crazy, but I'm thinking of starting another one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your quilts are gorgeous. I really like the setting blocks you chose for Wild and Goosey.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about more geese in the border on Wild and Goosey? Otherwise, maybe no border? Thanks for sharing on Midweek Makers - hope you find a solution!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of scrappy goodness in both quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. On the Wild and Goosey--I'd go with a deeper shade for the border--something that will really set off the contrast.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of these projects! Especially the Wild and Goosey. If it was my quilt, I think that lime green would be great for a binding, but I'd probably choose something more subdued for the border so as not to distract too much from the beautiful piecing, or else stripes or piano keys pieced from scraps like the blocks for that border. But that's just me. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the zig zag border for Wild and Goosey. Hope you were able to get all your stuff planted. It's been so wet here, it's hard to even get the lawn mowed

    ReplyDelete